Thursday 17 January 2013

Update on Stomach Problems.

So I went to the doctors last week about my stomach and she told me that it was most likely acid reflux due to the high stress situation I'm in and has prescribed me a months worth of Ranitidine.

Was a bit skeptical that it would work but even the first day I took it, there was a MASSIVE improvement. And another strange outcome from it; I have only had 3 panic attacks in a week...which for me is unbelievable. I used to have more than that every single day!

The pain in my stomach is easing nicely, I have to go back in three weeks to see if it's gone completely or if my anxiety situation needs reviewing since it's obviously that that is causing it.

Actually, I've not only felt better than I have since mum died, but I feel physically and mentally better than I have in months. The stomach pain must have been going on for at least six months because my stomach hasn't felt this calm or painless since the summer of last year. I must have just got used to the pain.

I'm going to mention the amazing effects this medication has had on my health and hopefully there'll be a look into why my stomach reacts this way. Obviously it needs to be dealt with because I think I was very close to getting a stomach ulcer, the pain was excruciating and I really don't want to have to go back to how it felt the past six months or so.

Because I haven't any physical ailments for my brain to focus on, my health anxiety is very low. I haven't thought about aches and pains in the past few days and it's given me more time to think about other things and just cope with the grief without having to cope with panic attacks as well.

I'm assuming that my panic attacks not only have emotional triggers, like going to certain places etc. but physical ones as well, like stomach pain.

I suppose it's true that stress can cause a lot of problems health-wise. I'll never argue that fact again!

For those who haven't heard of Ranitidine, it's basically a tablet you take twice a day that reduces the amount of acid in your stomach that's being produced and it seems to stop it going back up the gullet and up to the throat. It really is amazing stuff and if you have acid problems, I really recommend you give it a try. I've not had this much energy in months.

If I'd have known that it was so simple to get help for it, I would have done it
much sooner!

I'll do a grief update in a seperate post.

NX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...