Monday 29 April 2013

Good first session of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Thought i would spell CBT out because people have been congratulating me on having my bike test haha xD I don't hate the world enough to drive on public roads, they don't deserve that xD

It was interesting, she wants to find out which anxiety disorder I'm suffering from at the moment; either health anxiety or Generalized Anxiety Disorder, or both. She says they treat them in different ways so I've got to see which I relate to more. Interesting. The exposure therapy works with some disorders but not others. My task is to not ask for reassurance this next few weeks when I'm feeling anxious, I literally have to ride it out by myself and can't ask anyone's advice because it makes it worse.

It's really scary to have a panic attack about something like thinking you've found some deadly health symptom and not checking it, Googling it or asking a family member about it. Basically I can't so anything that would cause it to go away, just gotta sit through it untold it ebbs away. Extremely hard but I'm giving it a go! Will write about my progress as I go. Hope you guys are well, NX

3 comments:

  1. Wish you the best of luck dealing with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, my word verification for posting that comment was 'inatird appears'. Sounds about right ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! ;D ;D And thank you, it's doing amazingly so far. I'll post about it when I get some spare time, facing my fears takes up a lot of time at the moment! :D

      Delete

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...