Monday 21 January 2013

The British.

People from other countries keep saying that we must be weather hardened from the extremes in weather we have. But it's the complete opposite. We've got a couple of inches of snow at the moment, which didn't surprise me considering its winter. But people are acting like they've never seen it before. They've been stocking up on bread and milk like it's the end of the world xD

Schools and places like that have closed and the Facebook statuses about how chaotic it is make me laugh. I wonder how well we'd do if we had to live in Alaska or anywhere in the North Pole, places where it snows constantly and the temperatures make our -1 look like summer.

Nobody is ever prepared for winter here, which is surprising considering we have one every single year. Every year the news calls it "Britain's Big Freeze". Watch Day After Tomorrow and then you'll see a big freeze! xD

But it's not just winter we moan at it. It's the summer too! It's either too hot or too cold, there's no middle ground with us. I guess the truth is, the British just LOVE to moan xD

I am actually enjoying this snow, it's a nice change from constant rain and it actually feels like winter now. Plus it makes the coming spring and summer really nice. Yeah it's a little more difficult to get around and you really have to help out the elderly but it doesn't last that long so you might as well make the most of it.

Plus there's  the added fact that we have two dogs at a year and a half old and they're bloody loving the snow, it's so nice to see. Especially Bear who frolics in it xD And I finally get the chance to use my snow boots, which I bought in preparation for the winter. They are awesome btw.

The only downside to winter is how pale I get. If I get any paler, people will start making the sign of the cross at me when I walk past XD




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...