Sunday 21 October 2012

Stephen King.

So, since I'm writing a novel at the moment, (it could be crap, I don't know yet xD) I did some research on Mr King, who is my favourite author of all time.

 It turns out that he's done the same thing that I'm doing which is create an imaginary location for his novels that is close to where he grew up! I thought I was being a bit unimaginative doing that but I suppose it makes for a more realistic setting if you know the area well.

His has worked out really well for him, Castle Rock is very famous now and many people name their places Castle Rock as a nod towards his work. A lot of his books are in or around CR and he mentions it often in them. Very clever!

There's a sentence in Tommyknockers that I found amusing: "she wrote good old western stories that you could really sink your teeth into, not all full of make-believe monsters and a bunch of dirty words, like the ones that fellow who lived up in Bangor wrote." 

Which is an easter egg, that man in Bangor is Stephen King :D that amused me :) 

NX

1 comment:

  1. It won't be crap. I'm actually really looking forward to reading it one day. I always enjoyed writing so it's good to find someone like you on here.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...