Tuesday 3 September 2013

Another step forward.

So I've received my manuscript back from Agent#1 with a basic 'no thanks' on it, but that hasn't deterred me since a bit of research has told me that he's notorious for two word responses. To be perfectly honest, I'm no that disappointed because I tried to do some research on him but I couldn't find anything at all. I would like to take the time to fully research my next agents before I send my novel again, just to make sure they're suitable for my needs.

I also know that horror is a niche market these days, but I'm not put off by that, it just means that room for some new guys (or girls). I'm also aware of just how little the percentage is of books that get published compared to books that are submitted, so I'm probably in the same boat as a lot of people right now. Kind of exciting actually, I'm one step further than I was this time last year. So now I'm off to A) do some research on literary agents and if I need one and then B) look for some that will take on horror writers.

Hope you guys have a good day :)

NX

2 comments:

  1. Took a hit, focused, under control, positive. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Griever :D It's one step in the right direction, I went into this knowing I'll get rejected a lot before I make it so I'm trying to keep the bigger picture firmly in my head :)

      Delete

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...