Monday 9 September 2013

Today's Events.

So, I had my first of three Self-Employment lessons today at an Adult Learning centre. Since it's four hours long I was extremely nervous and unsure of whether my panic would let me stay calm for that long but after going, I realise that I can cope with a lot more of the 'normal world' than I first realised. It was fine; better than that, it was really good!

I really enjoyed it and as the first lesson was on confidence, motivation and assertiveness; I learned a great deal. I now understand how and why confidence is so important when becoming self-employed and I'm actually more confident about it being the right decision for me. Now I don't (yet) have many certified skills, because of my past history of extreme anxiety and depression, but I do have skills and it turns out that some of them; namely the photo restoration work I've been doing, as well as my writing, can actually be used as a business. I just need to catch and tame some confidence and motivation, which I'm working on now and I'm actually starting to feel like I might actually have a net big enough to do it!

Maybe this going out of the house thing isn't so bad after all ;-)

Have a great week guys, NX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...