Wednesday 1 June 2011

Bit too much info? ;)

Had to come off the contraceptive pill again as the migraines were getting frequent and really painful. So much so that my hand went numb on three occasions and I couldn't get out of bed. I've stopped taking it for the past two days and now I feel fantastic!

All my energy is back and no pains at all. No neck pain, back pain,  no numb hands or head and I just feel good! Don't think my already messed up hormones likes the added ones from contraceptive.

 And aura migraines are apparently a major cause of most women having strokes or aneurysms below 30. Scary stuff. 

So I'm not taking any chances with mine, I shall have a look at non-hormonal methods of contraception. 

Thought I'd write this here because it might help other people with the same problem.

So if you are on the pill AND smoke or getting aura migraines or numb limbs, don't risk it. Its not worth the health risks at all. 

2 comments:

  1. Never had an aura migrane, but I def. don't like being on the pill. Unfortunately, I have to be otherwise my cycle speeds up to menstruation every 2 weeks, and then I get an iron defficiency! I am on Alesse right now, and it's not that bad. Best of luck to you! this stuff is frusterating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) And I don't like being on them either, unfortunately every other type of contraceptive has left me with really long periods and iron def. myself! I'll ask about Alesse, see what that's like :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...