Monday 18 June 2018

Father's Day Weekend


Had a rather interesting Father's Day weekend; we went to Holmebrook Park to feed the ducks and I can now officially add a swan to the list of birds that have bit/pecked me! The list now reads: 2 lorikeets, a parrot, peacock, goose, duck, swan, turkey, a chicken, and a sparrow! I would totally stop feeding them directly out of my hand if I didn't count any interaction as petting or fuss. I have no regrets. (Lorikeets draw blood though FYI.)

On the Sunday, we went to Chatsworth for a picnic and I had my first ever experience with a crayfish, which looks like a little lobster and is really weird because it swims backwards. They were everywhere. The kids weren't that bothered but I was thrilled as I have never seen one before, so if you were at the waterside and you heard the girlish, excited shrieking of a small child, it was me. *waves*

It wasn't all sunshine and crayfish though, Lara is ill with a really bad cough and we've been up all night. I've had my second coffee of the morning and it's only 9.34am. Somehow I've got to manage to keep this child comfortable while I can barely keep my eyes open. She keeps looking at me. I think she can smell my vulnerability.  The cat and dog are unusually close to me today and it doesn't feel like it's sympathetic. I think today might be the day they turn on me. Just got to keep my wits about me. <_ nbsp="" p="">
Have a great week, guys!

NX 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...