Wednesday 2 May 2018

Viral Conjunctivitis

So, it's finally happened. The moment I've been dreading is finally here. Lara has conjunctivitis. Those who've already had this or had children probably don't fear it the way I do, but I'm not a fan of eye-illnesses and this one has meant she's been wiping her green, eye shit on my arm for the past two days.

This morning she woke up looking like the rage infected from 28 Days Later and I momentarily thought about jumping out of the window. I've also been informed that it is incredibly contagious (just like the rage virus) and I'm already feeling not too fresh today. Because she's got a cold with it, the doctor thinks it's viral, this makes sense since she's given me that too.

Turns out the story was based on a pink-eye infected toddler in the middle of a tantrum. 

I've received two conflicting pieces of advice from people: the first is to avoid touching her infection so I don't get it, the second is to bathe her eyes with cooled, boiled water as often as needed. Basically, should I put my own health above that of my child? I'm not going to tell you which I'm leaning towards right now, but you can probably guess. She's kind of taken the choice away from me by sneezing directly into my eyes and mouth this morning before I had really woken up.

If you're thinking about having children, I would totally go on Wish and wholesale some face masks and goggles because they are totally disgusting little creatures. If you think they love you enough NOT to stick the fingers they've just had in their noses straight into your mouth, you are wonderfully naive!

So if you don't see any selfies from me in the next 5-7 days, I've got pink eye.

Have a great Wednesday, nobbers!

NX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...