Friday 23 February 2018

NOW it's Friday!

It's finally here. I'm sat at the computer trying to think of something productive to do after being awake from 3AM by a kitten nibbling the bridge of my nose but I'm struggling to warm up today. I always find a blog post in the morning helps to awaken my brain. Though yeah, not working too well today xD

One thing about being a parent I've come to appreciate is that you never know when you're going to get a full night's sleep again, so you seem to be able to run on just a few hours here and there just as well as you can on eight hour's sleep - if a bit less enthusiastic.

Also being a new kitten owner seems to be remarkably akin to being a new parent: you have night wake-ups for play/food/to bite your nose and they attack you on sight (is that all children or just mine?) They're really cunning with their love; open the fridge and you're the most beautiful, amazing person they've ever seen, close it and you're invisible. I will admit I am a huge fan of the face strokes I get from both my daughter and my cat - who literally strokes me with her little paw, without claws!

Being the owner of a BearBear is a little different: she sleeps really well, she eats well, she comes for a love before bed and upon waking, she runs like a greyhound for about 20 minutes and then collapses for the rest of the day and she never barks or growls. Bear's biggest problem is that she won't go outside when the weather is mildly wet, she will hold her bladder all day long...I hope she's holding her bladder. XD

But I love them all, despite losing my mind trying to take care of them. Who thought it would be a good idea to let me be one of the only adults in the house? I, who's greatest achievement is finishing Sonic 3 in 25 minutes with all emeralds. *chest puff* I'm getting by on a wing and a prayer here. It's bloody hard work. My husband isn't any more mature than I am either so Google has become the Holy Grail. You'll find yourself Googling 'Why doesn't my child sleep?' more times in your first year than you'll Google pictures of Jason Mamoa, which is a shame as he's totally worth Googling. :/

So now I've rambled on and I have nothing else to add, apart from the fact that this entire brain-fart hasn't woken my brain today in the slightest. Maybe coffee will help.

Have a great weekend everyone!

NX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...