Sunday 18 August 2013

Submission letter...

Done my synopsis for my manuscript's submission letter to the agents, now to write the letter itself. Very nervewracking since I have had a huge fear of the unknown which I'm working on now, spent too long procrastinating over this, it's time to finally give it a go.

Even if I get a million rejections, I will have come further than I ever have to doing something that I really want to do. It's a massive step forward and I won't let rejection stop me, everyone gets rejected to some extent, hopefully I will learn more as I go.

I'm learning new things this year, figure there's nothing stopping me, I'm also learning how to play the piano and read sheet music, well technically I'm teaching myself thanks to music books but I'd always wanted to learn the language of music but never had the concentration to try for long. Think my motto for this year should be, 'Never give up!'

Nx

3 comments:

  1. Any encouragement I might give, you've already given yourself, 'Never give up!', It's a real strength of yours. Have faith in yourself and actively welcome 'rejection' [like you said] as a chance to learn and get stronger from it like a test to yourself. Fear of the unknown is normal but at least you won't suffer fear of regret. I'm with you 100% on this, good luck.

    Congratulations on your news too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Griever, I will let you know as soon as I hear from the agents, either good news or bad, it's still a step further towards being a writer than before I sent it off! :) Part of me is terrified of the outcome but the other half is really excited, been hiding under a rock most of my life and now I want some daylight :)

      Delete
  2. If there's a place I can buy a copy of your book, like Lulu.com or Amazon or wherever, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...