Tuesday 25 September 2012

Far Cry 2 Part 2. The Good Stuff

So, I'm now 45% into the game and a LOT of shit has gone down since earlier!

I managed to do all the missions for one side of the faction and killed the leader of the other side. I won't give too much away but I certainly didn't see that coming! Not to mention the epic sandstorm that nearly kills you. 

It's safe to say, shizz goes down and not good stuff. You nearly die again and now I'm back in the game but with a handy (can't figure out how to work it yet) mortar :D 

It's fun, if you can aim the thing and have unlocked some new guns, which are epic. So it's getting better! 

One thing that annoys me though, that I forgot to add in the first post: there are no names next to your weapons, so you have no idea what they are called, which is irritating since when you get to the armoury and want to upgrade your weapons, there is the name and how much it costs....but NO PICTURE. And since a lot of the weapons look the same, you have no idea what you are upgrading. If anyone has a better way, please comment 'cos it's driving me bonkers. 

Back to the good stuff. 

The good parts of FarCry for me are: 

The HUGE map. It's massive and non-linear so you can pretty much go where ever you want, when you want. Although I do recommend NOT exploring if your pot of malaria pills is empty. 

There are many different environments to explore, such as the desert, jungles, swamps, villages etc. it's a very beautiful game. The sunset on FarCry 2 is unbeatable and so are the random animals that you see. I ran over a zebra, most heartbreaking part of the game for me. Poor thing. Bloody women drivers!

Like I said in the first post, the weapons are awesome, there's a massive selection. You may start with something crappy but don't worry, once you've earned or found some diamonds and gotten yourself to the armoury, you'll be able to buy and upgrade to something much better. 

There are many safehouses in the game that you steal from the enemy and can then rest and store your weapons there whenever you want, as you do more buddy missions, the safehouses will become equipped with ammo and a vehicle to take whenever you visit. Your buddies will also meet you there from time to time and will ask you if you would like them to rescue you if you die. VERY handy. 

The buddy system is a good part to the game too, you apparently have many in the game, though I'm only half way through so I have around 4 I think at this point. You do missions for them to gain reputation and history with them, so they like you more. When you've accepted their offer of buddy rescue,  they'll come drag you out of the hell fire if you get in over your head. Although be careful with them, they can die. You get the choice to heal them, or if you aren't very nice or have no health syringes, you can mercy kill them. Something I have not done yet. I'm a softy at heart. 

The vehicles in the game are also awesome, I'm a girl and therefore have little knowledge about anything with an engine but the ones I enjoy so far are the dune buggy, Jeep Wrangler and the Jeep with a turret on the top (not sure what the in-game name for this is). There are loads of crap cars in the game, that you'll no doubt have to resort to in desperate times but it's quicker than walking. The good things about them in this game is that when they get damaged, you repair them. They don't blow up straight away...unless you accidentally grenade one...I've heard...

I don't want to tell you all the good things in the game, since I don't want to accidentally ruin your experience by mouthing something important off, so I'll just say this: yes, it's a very slow starting game and you'll need some patience during your learning curve, but after the first few missions are done and you slowly get into more of a bad ass, you'll enjoy it immensely, can see why, despite it's bugs and flaws, many people find this game amazing and it's got 4 and 1/2 stars on GameSpot! 

Look forward to the next one!

NX


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is easily one of the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D thought I'd write about the games I'm playing at the moment, the good and bad :D

      Delete

Comment! :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review by Dovahniik Finally finished it! It is one hell of a game, no doubt about it, but there are aspects th...